Personal injury is the legal term for an injury or illness that has been caused or indeed worsened by someone else’s negligence. If you have suffered in these circumstances, you may be able to make a personal injury claim. An injury of any kind can affect both your quality of life and your financial circumstances. Personal injury accidents can occur when we least expect it. Our specialist personal injury solicitors are here to make the process easier for you and your family.
The majority of claims do not start in court. Generally, they are required by law to start with the Personal Injuries Board. Many people who apply to the Injuries Board do so with the help of a solicitor which ensures that the process runs as smoothly as possible throughout. We can assist with and advise on all aspects to include the following:
- the gathering of documents
- the procurement of medical reports
- the procurement of any other necessary expert reports such as engineers, motor assessors etc
- assistance with compiling a note of your out of pocket expenses
- completing and submitting the Injuries Board application form (Injures Board Form A)
- advising on the compensation assessment made by the Injuries Board
Should the claim not be resolved by PIAB, we have expertise in all forms of personal injury litigation * and dispute resolution and provide advice on the following:
- Accident at work claims
- Road Traffic Accident Claims
- Serious injury Claims
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.